Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Minnesota has my Heart

  • The last thing I wanted to talk about today was why I love Minnesota. I was praying hard about this this week to see how I could convey this, because it has been on my mind a lot lately.
  • You mentioned in a letter that you didn't think that we would be getting back here any time soon. I was surprised at how alright I was with that realization. I love Minnesota so much, but it isn't really that cool a place. It is pretty sometimes, it gets really hot in the summer and cold in the winter, the people are kinda nice, but in an underlying rude kind of way. The cities are dirty, and the church isn't all the strong. The Temple is kinda in the middle of nothing, which is strange because it makes it kinda not as pretty as it could be. I would not really like this place if it wasn't for one thing. Even serving a mission here, I wouldn't really like it that much if it wasn't for one thing. 
  • This is where I have become converted. This is where I have learned the simple truths of the Gospel for myself. This is where it all because real to me. This is where my testimony bloomed and blossomed and converted me to the point of sacrificing anything and everything that do what the Lord wants me to do, and to go where He wants me to go, and most importantly, to be what He wants me to be. This is my Sacred Grove, where the Spirit has taught me simple and eternal truths. This is my Gethsemane. Where I have suffered and struggled purely for the benefit of others. I love Minnesota because it was here that I learned how to be a disciple of Christ. Even If I never come back here again, I would be alright with that. I know that I will never forget the reality of the experiences that I have had, and the love that I have felt for the Gospel and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. No other place on Earth will ever do for me what Minnesota has done. It has converted me. And I love it.
  • Minnesota has made me what I need to be
  • Love, Elder Pinsent

No comments: