Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

2013, was pretty good I must say.  Knowing that bigger and better things are in store kind of takes away from my whole reflection on 2013 thought.  2014 will be my year, our year and I am pretty excited for it all.  2013 was good for a number of reasons.  The first thing I can think of was my trip to Dominican with three of my best friends.  We had one of the best weeks ever and I will be thankful for that get away after a rough couple of months.  We had so much fun and it makes me wish travelling was free because I would do it again in a second if I had the money to.  Heck, I would travel anywhere if I had the money to!  I finished my second year of UPEI and I declared my major in Sociology and minor in Business.  I started my third year in the September and I am happy it is going along smoothly.  I am on track to graduate in 2015.  My sister went to prom, graduated, went to Scotland and started journalism at Holland College so that has been pretty excited for us and our families [because she is the baby cousin on both sides!].  I made a couple trips back and forth to Cole Harbour to visit with the Pinsents.  I spent Easter with them and we had lots of fun.  I also got to spend a great weekend with them in June and Kat, Eric [& they announced their little dragon that will be coming into the world in February 2014, so excited for them!] and Rachel came home to surprise Dad for his 50th!  It was so fun to be part of a Surprise party.  Someday I hope it will be me being surprised!  I got to make it over at the end of the summer for some beach goodness and movie nights.  Last but not least, I took my sister with me at the end of September for a YSA Conference and also some hangouts with the family.  This year I also got to see not one, but two of my favourite bands live!  The Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20 was a fantastic concert and it was great to go to it with some pretty awesome people too!  Two Hours Traffic, one of my favourite local bands decided to leave the music scene and it was wonderful to see them one last time.  I also got to see Paper Lions, Andy Brown, English Words and Joel Plaskett.  Music is what makes my world go round!

This year we re-vamped our room.  We went from Azure Blue and Green Apple to Ribbon Pink and black and white designs.  We just recently changed our photographs to 4 black and white and 1 pink floral and they look great.  Our room is my sanctuary and I know it will be hard to move out when the time comes, and hopefully that will be sometime in 2014.  We did some visiting with friends and family this year and we had a wonderful trip to Moncton this Summer to see lots of my aunts, uncle and cousins.  Nala is still with us and as much as I don't want to believe it, I think 2014 may be her last year with us.  She continues to surprise us, so we'll see though.  My mom thinks she may be waiting for Haig to get home.  We know how much she loves him.  And then I think it just about comes down to that.  2013 has been the full year that Elder Pinsent has fully devoted to the Lord in his missionary service. It has felt like a long year in some ways, but in other ways it has flew by so quickly.  I look back at my countdown photo and in a weird way, I have seen changes in myself physically as well as personally.  This journey is really helping us to both 'grow up' abd become the adults we need to be for each other when he returns home in September--- like, THIS SEPTEMBER.  Only 8 months away.  I am excited but I am trying to enjoy the rest of the time we have apart, more time to grow and reach the best of our capabilities.  I am so happy for his willingness to serve and that it has not only increased his testimony of the gospel, but also mine.  He is amazing.

A couple more things.  In 2013, I got by with a lot of help from my friends.  They really pulled me through the days and situations that I could not face on my own.  They are so dear to me and I don't know what I would do without them.  There is a handful of them who had to listen to/deal with me in some pretty crazy situations and I don't think I will ever be able to repay them for what I put them through.  I am thankful for the friends who really listen, and sincerely offer advice.  I also lost friends this year, but I know I am better off that way.  They will be okay too.  My sister has become my best friend and I hope it continues on in that way for a very long time [although we joked the other day that when I get married she will hug my husband and I stating that "we are gonna be so happy together"].  Maybe she just won't let me get married all-together, but I think I will be able to over-throw her on that one ;) [love you though sissy].

2014 will certainly be One Great Year.  I will finish my third year of my undergrad degree.  I will see City and Colour, Lady Antebellum, Hunter Hayes and Blake Shelton.  I am hoping to make a trip, but it is not 100% sure as of right now.  I hope to work a lot this summer and save some money for bigger dreams and aspirations.  And, very last but not the least, my heart knows in this moment that September 3rd (hopefully) two-thousand and fourteen will be, the best day of my life thus far.  I can't really see past that day next year but I know what comes after it will all be good too.

Goodbye 2013, you've been good,  Hello to 2014, you will be Great.

No comments: