Tuesday, December 10, 2013

angels, runny noses, blogbooks and some studying in and around there somewhere

The title pretty much sums it up.  Those things have been my life these past couple of days.  I am still so happy that I could take part in this year's nativity.  Being an angel was so great and it really put me in the Christmas mood.  I ordered some prints of me as an angel to send out with my Christmas card, and I must say I made a pretty good looking angel, I cannot lie about that one.  However, one bad thing came out of the weekend, I got a little cold.  I started to feel a sore throat when I went to bed on Friday night probably from working with some littles all week.  Saturday came along, I took some cold and flu pills and I was feeling a little bit better.  Same with Sunday.  But Monday and Today have been pretty gross.  I feel like one of the babies at work with my nose running non-stop.  At least I can blow my nose right?  I don't like doing it though.  I hardly ever do it in public because I feel I look like an idiot when I do it.  It's a pretty sad sight.

So I have also been studying just a little bit for my only exam that is on Friday.  Honestly, I don't think it is going to be a big deal and it is only worth 20% of my grade.  Not that that is an excuse not to study, but the material is pretty common sense kind of stuff just with more concrete textbook definitions and concepts. So I should take some more time to study it, but if I didn't I think I also would be okay.  As a procrastination, I have started my 2013 blogbook.  It's lots of fun.  I also got my Christmas cards done and I have been continuing to do some Christmas shopping.  I am also hoping to start some knitting projects.  Netflix has also been quite a reliable tool with the whole "I'm bored but don't want to study" thing.  I am currently watching Private Practice and it has been pretty enjoyable.

This week I am working with some babies at a centre, and it has proven to be quite the time.  They are all soo funny.  It is a great age group to work with.  I love that it will prepare me for little ones to come in the future.  I also have to say that I have been pretty good with my spending lately, mostly because I stay home so much.  I hope I can keep the same habits as the new year rolls in.  I did treat myself to a new lipstick last night, copy catting Laura Beth.  I am looking forward to swiping it on for Christmas festivities to come!







1 comment:

Helen said...

Too bad Grandma Stewart can't see the live Nativity; she'd love to see her granddaughters as angels. Maybe something the chruch in Moncton could consider, doing a Nativity at some of the Nursing homes. They are always looking for activities for the residents.