Wednesday, February 5, 2014

hello FEBRUARY

I feel like when February 28th gets here, this month will seem like the blink of an eye.  As a matter of fact, time is just flying by in general.  Like this craziness for example:


Elder Pinsent is home in 7 months!  I am getting pretty excited (obviously just a little more than I was before).  He is doing so well.  Recently he told me I will have to forgive him when he says in the future that he misses his mission.  I will for sure because I know how important it has been to him and how much it made him grow.  I love that he love his mission!  I also love this journey that we have been on, however I don't think I will miss it all that much once I have him back!! :)

This month just seems like it is going to be busy, busy, busy!  I am super cramped with school work right now.  I am happy that I am able to find a good balance however.  I really like getting my work done at least a couple days before something is due.  I just hate being last minute and I do not work very well under pressure with papers and assignments.  I have a couple group projects though and those are usually a little easier to do under the wire because there is a combined effort (or at least there should be!).  Luckily, my group projects this semester (4 presentations and 1 paper) are with people that I like, get along with and I know are as dedicated to school work as I am.

Cause you wanna know something?  As crappy as it is sometimes, to feel stressed and tired and just feeling like I want this semester to be over right now.... I really really like school right now.  I like my courses (except I am pretty close to officially hating sociological theory, but my prof is too great so I can't) and I like the little life that I have.  I like going to school, I like getting dressed up cute for school and feeling scholarly.  I like coming home and spending time with my family.  I like making dinner with them and sitting around the table all doing our work.  I like that we are all doing something productive in our lives.  I feel blessed with the opportunities that myself and the members of my family have.  My heart could not be happier.

On another side note, I went to my business communications class tonight.  The topic we learned about tonight was social media in businesses.  Throughout the class, I couldn't help but think how much I like social media.  I like posting photos on Instagram and tweeting.  I also like communicating with people who live far away via Facebook.  OF COURSE I would like so much more if I could have conversations with some of these people face to face more often, but Facebook often does the trick.  I also watched an interesting video the other day that a friend had posted how although we have social media, we cannot neglect the real life interaction with others.  Speaking of which, I hope I can hang out with some of my besties soon.  I miss my friends.  School is consuming all of our lives wahh.

I think that's about all for now.  Because another thing I love about being a University Student and living at home... I eat whatever I want at 10:30 pm!  I deserve it ;)

xo
 

No comments: