Wednesday, November 23, 2016

pregnancy questions


I have compiled a list of questions that I have been asked so many times in the last month and I have decided that I will try my best to not ask them to a pregnant woman ever again, because it gets super annoying to hear the following almost everyday! I really should't complain though because this pregnancy is going to be over sooner than I know it.

how are you feeling?
I know this seems pretty vague but I get this one at least once or twice a day, especially at work. I am feeling pretty good but I am sick of being asked about how I am feeling. Why can't you ask me about something else, like are you excited to have a baby? Or, is the nursery ready yet? Or heck, even how is your husband feeling? I am little bored of talking about me, shocking right? ;)

have you had any morning sickness?
Usually morning sickness happens in your first trimester. So now that I am being asked every once in awhile it just brings back some yucky times. I went to the washroom during church and a lady asked me while I was minding my own business (aka, having a pee) if I was still having morning sickness. Do you really think I want to talk to you right now while I am peeing, especially when its you asking me if I've been throwing up lately? No thanks.

have you had any weird cravings?
I think society assumes that every pregnant woman craves really weird things and really weird combinations of food. I've heard a lot of them pickle and peanut butter sandwiches, mayo on doughnuts and ketchup for days. But luckily I didn't have any of these "weird" cravings, just your normal sweet or salty things like candy, french fries and also chocolate milk. My momma told me she craved chocolate milk when she was pregnant with me ;)

you've really popped!
yeah I seem to be rocking that whole basketball under my shirt thing. It's pretty awesome actually.

do you have any names picked out?
this is probably the worst question of all of them because I don't want to offend anyone, but even if I had a name picked out, what makes you think I am going to tell you? The answer to this question is no, we actually don't have any solid names picked out yet, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I know when the baby is born, we will see them and out of some of the names we have talked about, one will come to mind and it will click and it will be there name. Like I mentioned before, we are most likely going to use a name/names that come from our family tree and genealogy.

last but not least...
are you having twins?
OKAY, so I know once upon a time I complained about not feeling like I was showing, but when I heard this question the other day I was like seriously? I am not THAT big people !!!

hopefully this post didn't sound too blunt or make it seem like I am sick and tired of being pregnant, because I most certainly am not! I love being pregnant, but some of these questions are just silly, silly, silly. In the last 8 months I have definitely learned what you should and should not say to a pregnant woman! 

No comments: