Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HAPPY CANADA DAY

Well, this morning was pretty crazy at the park with our Canada Day event.  I feel like I did so much to get the day together, so I am pretty proud of me and all of my co-workers and community volunteers.  I love where I live, I love the park and I am starting to really love this job!

I came home and took a nice long cold shower.  I got like five black fly bites when I was setting up for the event later last night and they are so itchy today!  One is right under the centre of my bra, it is pretty much one of the worst spots ever.  I relaxed with my parents for a bit.  I was seriously so beat.  I was starting to think about dinner, and a drive out to Richard's Eatery crossed my mind, but I didn't mention anything to them.  Kayla and Bryan were both off with friends, so I would be hanging out with my parents again like I have been lately.  I was about to go and do my hair when my dad said we would go out to Richards in Covehead for supper.  It was like he had read my mind.  So I quickly got ready and we drove out.

Luckily it was just a steady night, and we didn't have to wait too long for our food.  It was delicious as always and then I took some pictures.  We had a nice drive home and saw lots of pretty cottages and beautiful views of the scenery this time of year!  I love living on Prince Edward Island  It is so wonderful and filled with so much beauty and hidden gems.  I am also grateful for the freedom we experience in this province and nation.  I totally got the feels tonight when a young woman thanked a group of RCMP officers at the restaurant for all that they do.  After, her little boy asked her why she talked to them and she said because they have a very important job to do.  She is exactly right especially with recent events.  I love the civility that is present in our society.  I feel so fortunate to be Canadian.















No comments: