Friday, October 17, 2014

school notes

+ going into my first year at UPEI, I bought a really nice backpack, or kitbag whatever you want to call them.  At the time, it was quite an investment.  The name brand is Dakine and I think it ended up costing close to $60.  I picked a pattern that was bright, but subtle at the same time.  I picked it because I knew I would not have to worry about it matching all my clothes, when in reality that didn't matter at all.  I am so happy that I spent that kind of money at the time, because it has proven to be a very worthy investment.  I see a lot of girls right now at school who are just using large purses and fashion backpacks, and I just think "gurl, a real backpack is the way to go".

+ I actually know how to look up a book in the stacks at the Robertson Library.  I was feeling pretty bad for a guy I know who said he didn't even know where to go in the Library and didn't realize there was lights that you could turn on for each aisle.  Today, I searched for a book online and then I went to look for it before I left campus.  I smiled as I turned the light switch on to about 6 minutes, knowing that it wouldn't take me very long to find what I was looking for.  I scanned a couple books, but I didn't end up taking out the one I was looking at.  I headed back down the aisle and turned the light back to 0.

+ I wrote a midterm yesterday in 45 minutes.  I only had an hour and 15 minutes to write it, so really that time does make sense, but I was one of the first to be done.  I guess that's what I get for taking a 1st year course in my last year.  Anthropology 105, I am going to rock you.

+ Sometimes I actually forget how amazing my school is.  Yesterday it was when I had the realization that everyone on campus has a unique purpose that the University of Prince Edward Island hopes to fulfill.  Even though I still don't know what I will do with my degree, I have experienced so much joy from my 3.5 years of learning.  On that note though, I am officially counting down the days until graduation in May.

+ I am writing a paper on Victorian Era deaths and dying.  So, what do you do in your spare time?

+ I have learned that you really do not need to look good on campus, like mostly ever.  I mean sure if you are giving a presentation or have a boyfriend then you might feel the need to.  I have been so astonished by the not so amounts of clothing that girls have been wearing.  It's October, put those flowy skirts away or at least [for the love of all student-kind], wear some panty-hose or tights.

+ I love the water fountains on campus that fill up your water bottle by sensor.  They are an amazing creation.

No comments: