Saturday, November 22, 2014

what I have literally been up to

I worked a little this week and I really enjoyed it.  I have a lot of hours on this upcoming pay cheque and I am looking forward to having that money. I got a mighty cold when Haig was last here.  It started off as just a cough and from there it turned into a little throat infection. Luckily I got a prescription for it the other day and with my health plan and my mom's health plan it ended up being free so that's excellent! The only thing that really sucks is having to remember to take a pill three times a day. I am not even that sick anymore and I have already forgotten to at least twice. I should be dandy in no time. School has finally winded down. I did really well on my Research assignment with Kylie and I also did great on the course final. One more assignment for that course and we are done! I printed off my Victorians paper that is due this Tuesday. I finished in early this week and decided I would print it off so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore, and it has been great to not have to worry about it. My online course is practically done, I just have to send in my journal. My introduction to anthropology course has a final exam but it isn't until December 9th, so I think that is loads of time. I probably won't even start studying until a couple days before because I am pretty comfortable with the material. It should be fine. So between now and next Thursday I have some plans to do some knitting and continue to read, catch up on some TV shows and also spend time at home with my family. It is a little bitter sweet that I won't be with them for Christmas Day this year, but I have done it once before and I will manage to do it again. I don't remember hearing much about the year that I wasn't with them, but I know they will be just fine without me. I'll miss my sister a lot mostly because I like shopping for her the most and I like to see her open my gifts. Maybe we will just have to work something out to open our gifts together, even though they will be small this year. Haig and I have even set a $20 limit because we have lots of other things we need to buy this time of year and saving money has been a little bit of a challenge. I think it will be hard to shop for him. I want him to be able to open a couple things from me, but with $20, that's not very much. I am a very organized and prepared person, but I will probably be so undecided on what to get him that I won't find anything until the last minute. That's okay though because I know he will like whatever I give him anyways.

Today I had a really good day. It started off a little strange. Mom and Dad were cleaning most of the house, like a deep clean with our shop vac and everything. We are just finding that there is a lot of dust this time of year and it seems to build up everywhere. Around lunch time, Mom and I finally made our way out to have some fun. We made a stop at a hardware store to have a look at some Christmas things. Then we went for some lunch at thai express *yum and then went to the bank to get some money. After we went to the Colonel Gray Craft Fair of course. It has always put me in the Christmas spirit, even though I really don't feel in full Christmas mode until December. This did the trick for now. We bought some fudge, carrot cake jam and a Christmas tree that we will pick up later in December. We went to Reebok to give Kayla some fudge. I just wanted to have a quick look at Payless Shoes and I found a pair of heels that are just lovely, so Mom bought them for me for a special occasion. We also made a trip up to Sears where I also found some pretty things that I just decided I needed. I have been a little stressed about finding things that I like, because within the next couple of months I need to buy some things and sometimes I just won't have the option to be picky. So finding things I actually do like certainly helps. In all, it was a really good day and I am a pretty happy girl. It has also been a good week, and a decent month and I am starting to really look forward to being in Nova Scotia with my love and his family next weekend!

No comments: