Monday, April 6, 2015

wife life

As a wife, and home maker I might add, I have currently been liking doing the following things:

baking: Haig's parents got us a Kitchen Aid mixer for our wedding, and it has been put to good use to far! My go-to has really been muffins. I think I have made them about once every week or so since I moved in. My mom's brownie recipe has been one of our favorites too. It is so quick and easy to make in the mixer, and then all I have to do is get it in the pan and into the oven. Eating them is quick and easy too. They are just so delicious, and really great with some chocolate sauce and whip cream!



washing the dishes: mostly because there is less dishes than there has ever been at either of our houses. Sometimes after making a big meal, or an afternoon of baking, I don't like doing them as much. Haig's hands have been dry lately too with the temperatures changing and washing his hands so much at work, so I do like to do them as often as I can, but sometimes he will do them for us too. We make a really great team.

doing school work: whatever school work I do have that is.... With all of the snow days, school has certainly become a pain because sometimes I hardly had any work to do. I am a very organized person however, and in most cases I made some work for myself so I could review material, especially for my stats class! I have three classes left for my undergraduate degree. I am in a little bit of shock about that, so we will leave that topic for now, maybe I'll talk about it some other time...

waking up next to Haig: yeah, it's pretty much just like THE BEST THING EVER.


Pinterest: Okay, so obviously I still love Pinterest, but for SO many more things now that my wedding day is over. Gone are the days of pinning ideas for a dress, hair, make-up, a veil and cute wedding photograhy (although I want to take so many more pictures!). But I do enjoy pinterest so much more now for searching for new recipes (*muffins forever*), ideas for organizing and other pretty little things.

dinner planning: I have been awesome at this. You can ask my husband. I have had a meal planned almost every night since I have moved in. We have had some really yummy dinners. Haig and I both take turns cooking, but it really depends on the meal. I like to make more of the slow cooker and casserole type meals and Haig cooks more of the meat for our other meals. Again, we make a pretty good team and I think we have both put on a couple pounds since we started living together. Luckily, we have a number of ways we can burn those calories...

Obviously, we like to go for walks!
What did you think I was going to say?

No comments: