Friday, May 15, 2015

"the longest ride"


Recently I read "The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks. It was a really great book, but it didn't make me emotional in the way I thought it was. You see, the story line is pretty simple. Girl meets Boy. Through some challenges like his work situation and a scary ex-boyfriend, they do end up making things work and falling in love. While this is happening there is another love story that I found myself more interested in. We learn so much about Ira and Ruth Levinson's love, their life's course and journey.

I won't go into any more details, but instead I will share my own hopes and desires and how I will make "our longest ride" count.

We fell in love pretty quickly. We were under a spell. It was hard though. In the beginning we only saw each other every couple of weeks, usually at church activities or events. It was hard to cherish that time together when we were around our family and friends, with no way of being alone to get to know each other, but as time passed we did get those opportunities. We started to grow up together, in a way that I never would have imagined. He became a part of me that I never expected that I would have. He became everything I wanted. 

There were ups and downs. There was magical moments and challenging stumbling blocks. We were able to get him on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We wrote and continued to fall more and more in love as we devoted our time to our calling to serve the Lord and His church, pursue education and get to know more about those around us. When he came home, it was like my world was put together again. I never really felt like I had been broken the whole time, until I was back in his arms.

We just knew that we would be embarking on this journey together. Since getting married, I have had these blissful moments that make me feel more joy than I have ever felt in my life. When he kisses me before we go to sleep, the way he looks at me across the dinner table, how he sounds when he prays for our family, the way we make things work no matter what. 

This week, leading up to our wedding reception was rough. His work situation has been far from ideal. We had a great conversation one night with a good friend of ours as to how we would figure this out. This morning, Haig called me and told me he found a new job. It was great news to hear as we start our day, and get ready for our night ahead to celebrate with our family and friends.

I am so blessed to be married, and sealed to Haig Aaron Pinsent for time and all Eternity.
I love every moment I get to spend with him. Spending time with him, doing the simple things in life is what I look forward to the most. I am also excited and I anticipate the big moments too. Last week, I got to experience one of this big moments as I walked across the stage at graduation. I thought about him and the support that he has given me. We will have many more big moments to look forward too.

you are my forever.



No comments: