Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Megan, Kayla, Dogs, Food, and of course my Husband.

So, it has been awhile since I've been around these parts. My writing comes in spurts and usually has to do with events that have occurred. I want to get better at writing posts regularly about other and completely random things about our life, but the timing is just not great right now. I am starting a new position next month with the same Family Center that I work for, so I have been thinking about that a lot and getting some things sorted out with the position I currently have before I start in this new program. I will share some more details about all of that another time.

We have really been enjoying our summer days and weeks. We have been working really hard and although it will be some time before all our hard work really "pays" off, we will take what we can get for now. I wish I could spend more time with Haig. The weekends never really seem long enough and we usually have things to do. Can I just get paid to hang out with him? Is that a thing? No, I didn't think so. 

Sometimes work is good though. Like when your co-worker brings their new puppy to visit the kids. Our weekends have been pretty good too. This past Sunday was super nice because we were able to spend some time with our good friend Megan. We went for a picnic in Victoria Park after church, and then we made a spur of the moment decision to go to the disc golf course. I hope she had a lot of fun with us, because sometimes Haig and I can be pretty cool. We have been making lots of yummy meals. I have been especially pleased with a brown sugar rub I have been making for pork. We are also super grateful for a new waffle maker from our good friend Maia.

I am also happy to be a part of Relief Society. We had lovely bonfire at Pat Steen's house on Tuesday night. Kayla, Megan and I made a new friend and I created a brownie s'more. The weather has amazing lately, I am pretty darn happy about it.
  












No comments: