Sunday, April 3, 2016

WE MOVED!

We got the keys for our new apartment on March 15th. At first we thought we wouldn't get electricity there until the end of March. We decided to start moving some of our stuff over to the new apartment so that we could find out where we would put all of our stuff in our new and bigger unit! By the second last week of the month, we were just itching to get out, so we called the electricity to see if they could help us out. Surprisingly they did and we were able to officially move out of Westcomb on the Easter weekend.

Moving into Laurie has defiantly been an adjustment from what I am use to. I will miss my big windows in the kitchen. Every time I'm in the kitchen now I have to turn every light on to see what I'm doing. I didn't love the new shower, but we did get a new shower head installed since moving in and another problem fixed in the bathroom. There's a very loud noise in our bedroom in the morning coming from the baseboard heaters. It's super annoying but I'm not sure there is anything they can do to fix it. And don't even get me started on the internet problem. Hopefully we will have it all set up by next week.



We are excited to be living in a new unit with a great landlord that has given us permission to make some changes here and there to make this more of a home for us. We are excited that we will be able to entertain more and have more space to call our own. We are hoping to start our family (!!!) soon and we needed a little more space in order to do that.

One more thing ... We are still stuck with coin operated laundry so I am not really 100% happy with our place, but if it means the possibility of having a family well, I'll live. 

No comments: