Friday, October 21, 2016

mommy blogs

Today I want to share some of my favorite mommy/family blogs with you. I think a really important thing to remember about blogging is to resist the temptation to compare yourself to others lives. Some of these individuals blog as a full time basis and source of income. Their photos are beautiful and their lifestyles look wonderful, but I know they have their ups and downs just like the rest of us do. I like to read the blogs below to learn things about motherhood, hear reviews about good products, read birth stories and just learn some tips and tricks of being a mother and homemaker.


I love love love Jillian Harris! She is such a sweet Canadian girl that I would love to go on a Tim Horton's date with sometime! I am happy to read her blog about her adventures in being a new mom. Props to her and her husband for not finding out the gender of their baby and still creating this gorgeous nursery to provide me with some inspiration. I was also very intrigued by her placenta post, because I am seriously considering placenta encapsulation. Last but not least, how real is the first photo on her blog post of her son's birth story? Jillian, can we be mommy friends now???



I have been reading the blog m loves m for a long time now, since her dreamy proposal story to the most beautiful wedding in the blog world. She recently became a mom and her new mom essentials post is really helpful! She is mommy style goals that's for sure. I would be star struck to meet Mara if I ever end up in Los Angeles (wishful thinking!!!).



You must live under a rock if you are a blogger and have never read Love Taza/Rockstar Diaries. I have been reading this blog since before her kids were born! Love Taza has some really great reads for parenthood, kids & technology, travel tips and cooking ideas! How adorable are Eleanor, Samson and Conrad? The Davis family does such a great job at documenting their life. I think taking natural photographs of my children will be so important.


Who would I be if I didn't mention the Devine family's blog Something Devine. Hailey and Brad Devine are the sweetest people ever. I felt a connection to them when I watched their mission homecoming video while I waited for my missionary. This family has some really great goals and plans in store and I am excited to see what happens for them in the future! Their positive outlook on life, love and family is contagious.


Sarah from Wearing it on my Sleeves might just be my spirit animal. She is so much fun and I would love to spend a day with this girl talking about our little ones, clothing, make-up and just having a good time! I was laughing and crying while I watched her birth story for her new little girl, June. She keeps her blog real which is why I really enjoy reading it.


Here are a couple of other blogs that I really like to keep up on because they are wonderful women & mothers. They all keep things real by documenting life and talking about lots of fun things including places to see, parenting tips, food, style and beauty.

Alycia at Crowley Party

Candace at Lovely Little Rants

Sydney at The Daybook

Stephanie at NieNie Dialogues

Bekah at These are the Days

Laura at Dunford Life


1 comment:

Helen said...

Have you ever commented on a blog? I follow one that I'm sure if I ever went to Malaysia I would meet up with her. The same for a lady in New York state. Of course they both have shelties. And I must live under a rock, I don't search for mommy blogs so never heard of any of these bloggers.