Sunday, September 24, 2017

Standing in the Crib

Since we took these pictures, we have moved the crib down. I cannot believe our big boy standing up in his crib. He will even do it now that it is moved down too. We are having a hard time with bedtime. We are trying really hard but we are also very frustrated with little progress. We are trying do check on him in short intervals but the crying is so hard. We also have to be mindful of our neighbors so I don't let him cry for too long before I check on him. We have a great bedtime routine but when it comes time to go in his crib (awake), he just cries. Now that he can cry "mama", it breaks my heart just a little bit more! We have to check on him a few times before he finally falls asleep with his blue fleece tag blanket on one side of his face and his jellycat bunny on the other side. He usually wakes up a few times during the night. I will give him just a few minutes before I check on him. When he is really restless I nurse him back to sleep. If he wakes up early in the morning, I will bring him into bed with us. Different things work for different people. For the most part I would like him to start to learn how to go to sleep by himself with no tears or yelling. I would also like him to sleep through the night, but I think I would miss him in my bed just a little bit so if he wakes up early (5:30 am has been his usual time), I will let him come into bed with us to get a few more hours of sleep. Some nights have been harder than others, but every morning when I see this boy full of smiles, I am happy to have him in my life and to wake up next to, oh and his daddy too ;)




No comments: