Monday, January 6, 2014

gelato in January


2014 has been good to me so far, but we are only one week in and today I start school again wah, wah wah.   BUT, I have hopes that this semester will go smoothly even though my courses are giving me mixed signals.  I can't really tell if it is going to be a hard semester or not, I suppose I will really just have to wait and see.  It was hard to wake up this morning with my Mom, sister and brother gone to school and work.  I felt pretty lonely in my house.  My sister reminded me that Nala was there too, but she feels so far away when I am laying in bed, trying to decide when to get up and ready for the day.  On Mondays and Wednesdays, my class doesn't start until 3:00 and until the semester really picks up, or work calls me, I will most likely be at home by myself.  It is nice though.  I can take my time getting ready, and eat what I want [sorry Bryan, I ate a piece of your pizza] and just enjoy the quiet.  I should be heading off to school soon though so I can get some money for old textbooks and look into buying my new ones.  I'm happy today isn't as freezing cold as the past week has been.  I have to put air in my tires though and it is somewhat rainy and windy out there so we will see how that goes over [probably won't happen...].  I mean, I hope we will see a couple more snow days this semester and I hope they come at exactly the right time, say like the day something is due... that could be great.  I was also happy to take a little trip to Moncton yesterday with Mom and Kayla.  We visited my Grandma and she was having a pretty good day.  Kayla and I took down her Christmas ornaments, and luckily I didn't break anything [I broke two of ours the day before].  We made a quick stop at the mall to have some afternoon lunch and Kayla and I shopped at H&M [Charlottetown needs one asap!!].  On our way out, I had to try the new Gelato place.  I just loved the cheesecake gelato and blackberry sorbet.  And no big deal that it is the middle of the winter, I just had to have it.  It wasn't toooo cold yesterday so that was a bonus too.  I even ate it on the walk to the car.  

Now, 2nd semester of third year.  Get at me.  Oh and no one in my class better be wearing a chambray shirt today or I might burn all three of mine.  Don't wanna be matchy matchy with anyone today.  Not in the mood for awkward stares.

xo

No comments: