Monday, January 27, 2014

oh my gosh

The past 24 hours have basically been the craziest/weirdest/suckiest ever.  So let's start off from last night shall we?  Well, I took an awesome hot bath to do some recovering from snowboarding.  I added in some Epsom salts, peppermint oil (my bath smelled like candy canes, yeah be jealous) and some coconut bubble bath.  It was heavenly but I find I am only tolerant of a hot bath for a short period of time.  I was in it for about 20 minutes before I felt like I would pass out.  So I got out and put on comfy clothes to watch TV for the rest of the night.  The Bachelor Wedding was on and the Grammys.  So, I really only watched the Wedding because I love Weddings.  I didn't know too much about the couple, so I watched some of the 'Sean and Catherine' moments from their season in the afternoon.  They are cute and happy I suppose.  It was on at the same time of the Grammys though.  This past year has been amazing for music, and if you know me well you know that listening to music is a huge part of who I am.  I could not live without it.  So any ways, I went back and forth watching those with my Mom.  The Wedding was sweet and it did make me really happy.  Their vows were cute, or as Casey said "slightly obsessive/weird" which I found even more hilarious.  Catherine also termed her wedding numerous times as "grown sexy" which is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever heard but so funny at the same time.  The mean girls quote came to mind "Stop trying to make grown sexy happy, it isn't going to happen"... And of course the host of the Bachelor Chris Harrison stating, Sean still has no idea what "grown sexy" is.  Not very many of us probably do...

The Grammys of course were also great, the parts I saw at least.  I was sad that I missed Hunter Hayes first performance of his new song "Invisible", but watching it after still made me super happy and knowing I will listen to him singing it live makes things better too.  T-Swift of course sang amazingly and Macklemore, Ryan Lewis and MADONNA singing Same Love/Open Your Heart with the couples getting married was just amazing.  Oh and one last thing, Beyonce and JayZ are the biggest music power couple of all history.  Just an outstanding night of musical performances.  I love love love love music!

SO today in a nutshell.  I got stuck in a snow bank in my drive way this morning leaving for work.  My brother tried to help me get our but we had no luck.  On the bright side, just before I called my roadside assistance, one of my handy neighbours came home and I knew he would be able to help.  He roped his car to mine and got me out.  I made it to work a little late and it kind of ended up being bad karma for the day.  The kids were pretty wild from the weekend, and none of them really had their listening ears on for me.  It was a little hard and frustrating, but once I left I let the shift there go.  I had to get gas before I went to school so I stopped at a gas station, but my gas door wouldn't open.  I tried the lever in the car a couple times but still nothing.  So I went to school and planned to go the mechanic after to see what could be done.  I got to school and froze walking to the building.  Campus is always so much colder and my eyes were getting stuck together from watering/freezing.  I was happy to get inside the building and I made my way up to the 4th floor.  I was an hour and a half early and I was planning on getting some work done but first I had to use the washroom that was right across from the room my classroom would be in...and there was a sign on the door that said my class was cancelled for today.

So you can tell, at this point I was pretty sad and frustrated.  I know these things are minor inconveniences in most peoples lives but it was just no my day!  So I went into a bathroom stall, and yeah I cried it out.  When I was done I made my way to a lounge and just had a quick bite to eat and checked my e-mail.  I had one from Elder Pinsent, and I quickly e-mailed back right away saying how terrible my day was but that it was good to hear from him, and I heard back from him that he would be praying for me [i love him!].  Then I left the building and walked back to my car, went to the mechanic and the spring came off the gas door so they just bent it up a little so I can still get access to the  gas nozzle.  I went and pumped some gas into my car and bought 4 cow tails (gas stations have the best candy ever).  Then I came home, and yeah I cried a little more after talking to my dad about my day, because I feel bad that he can't really do anything about it and that I miss him.  On the brighter side again, I also heard from another missionary friend in an e-mail.  I was happy to see Mom and Kayla get home, but we didn't have any plans for dinner so I was stuck making Lipton soup and almost made a glass baking pan explode in the process (turned on the wrong burner, cried again)... Now, almost 9pm and I am ready to watch the Bachelor, snuggle with my sister and call it a night.

It has been a long, hard day
and it's only Monday...
xo

No comments: