Sunday, January 26, 2014

snowboarding take 2


Yesterday I went snowboarding with one of my closest friends Amanda!  We had sooo soo much fun.  To tell the truth though, neither of us really knew what we were doing.  I am sure it was pretty obvious when we didn't even know how to get the rentals all figured out and what size boots were were and such.  I am almost surprised they didn't ask us if it was our first time and suggested the lessons.  Thank goodness because I don't have the money for that.  It also wasn't my first time but it was Amanda's.  I also underestimated how much I would remember from going once two years ago with my friend Philippe.  Just a couple small things like stopping, or turning to fall on my knees.  However for the most part, we mostly stayed on the bunny hill just trying to make our way down straight without falling.  I can do a little work from side to side but still not very well, and I still have some difficulty stopping downhill.  We made our way to the hill just once, but again I am sure we looked like we had no idea what we were doing.  Especially poor Amanda who's bindings got messed up coming down and her foot came out or something like that.  I got a little dizzy after that run too so we went back to the bunny hill and worked on that a couple more time before leaving.  At this point, there was no one else really around so we didn't have to worry about running into people at the bottom of the hill... because it almost happened a couple times earlier in the day...but we won't go there!  Let's just say no one got hurt, NOT even Amanda who is very prone to accidents in various sports.  We should go a couple more times this winter, and part of me that is a little scared that she will get hurt [my accident prone bestie], but we had so much fun.  After our last run down the hill, with neither of us falling, I was out of breath and we called it a day, congratulating ourselves on the great last run and Amanda said "finish while you're ahead".  That's what we did, and hopefully we will do it again some more!  



No comments: