Sunday, March 30, 2014

general women's meeting

I had a bit of a rough morning. I decided to wash my bed sheets, which I find is one of the hardest tasks ever.  It needs to be done, but as bad as it sounds I do not do it nearly enough. After a little incident, I got pretty frustrated with my parents and I had a wee little meltdown/freak out. Let's just also throw in the fact that I have been at home a lot this week with the two snow days and there have been some late bed times. My parents are also going on vacation soon and I have been a little stressed about them leaving.

Before I left for school I was doing okay until my mom asked me when I would be home because we had some dinner plans at Auntie Karen's.  It just sparked my emotions again and it was even worse when she came and gave me a hug. I could feel that she knew exactly what I was going through.

I pulled myself back together and went to school to work on a paper with Ellen. I like spending time with her even though i find getting this paper together is a challenge.  She has been so encouraging this whole time. Before we left, we ate some cookies and everything just felt good again.

When I got home in the later afternoon, we got ready to go to Auntie Karen's and Paul's.  We mostly hung out for awhile. I continued to read 'the fault in our stars'. Paul made us the most delicious ribs for supper along with homemade Mac and Cheese and Mom made and brought along one of our favourites, Mr. Noodle Salad.  Now, at 10:51pm I am still stuffed. It was such a great meal.

We dropped Bryan and Dad off at home and went in town to run an errand. Mom bought me a new shirt (it was on sale for 4.94, I love Joe Fresh). I also always love car ride chats with my mom. Sometimes we talk about really important things. We also both like to talk. We never not have something to talk about.
When we got home, she helped me make mine and Kayla's bed. I started on Kayla's by myself, and when I called her to come back and help me with something, when she came back in she had her laptop with her. 

As we finished making the beds, my mom and I watched the first General Women's Meeting for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so happy that it was us, just working on a task together and listening to the words for the women of the church to hear. I could have been doing anything tonight, but when it comes down to it, I am happy I was here. I am happy to be home. I'm happy to have a wonderful mother, sister and be part of a wonderful sisterhood. It is pretty amazing if you ask me. 

No comments: