Saturday, March 1, 2014

modesty

Today, someone posted something on Facebook regarding modesty that I did not agree with at all.  I could write a big long post about it, or about why I dress modestly, but I don't think I need to.  I know why I dress modestly and although I learned it through my religion, in my life now, it is not influenced by my church.  It has become my own personal decision because I feel more comfortable when I have more covered.  There are many posts out there trying to say women should feel free to dress however they want, claiming that modesty makes women dress in a way try to impress other people or limit men from having desires about them.  Let me just say, if a man is genuinely attracted to you, he is still going to be interested if you are dressed modestly!  Basically what I am trying to say is modesty in dress is important to me.  I have been counselled to dress modestly, but throughout the years I have accepted the fact to dress in a way that covers my body because I do find it more flattering.  It has also become a key element in my own personal style and fashion creations.     

"modesty isn't about covering up your body... it's about revealing your dignity"

"classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt, but chooses not to show it"

"being well-dressed is a beautiful form of politeness"

"you want what you're wearing to say something good about who you are"

"the less you reveal, the more people can wonder about you"

"modesty is always beautiful"

xo

No comments: