Sunday, April 13, 2014

week april 7-12

This week treated me pretty well.  Waking up Monday morning to go to work was not easy, especially after the amazing night I had at the East Coast Music Awards Gala.  I couldn't sleep for a little bit because I was still a little star struck from meeting David Myles.  Nala and I have also been having a bit of a problem this week.  She usually has to go out to do her business anywhere from 2:30-3:30am.  It has totally messed up my sleeping, but I love her so it's worth it.  I worked with the babies this week for my momma's vacation.  I had so much fun, but at the end of most days I just came home to relax!  Monday night I caught up on some shows and read a wonderful e-mail from my Elder Pinsent.  I also called his momma a little later and we had to talk about some things.  I am just so grateful for his family's never-ending, constant support.  I love his parents, and mostly in part because they know what we are going through.  When I talked to her, I found out some exciting news.  I won't share it yet, but it is only a couple weeks away, and the first photo was basically my reaction.  I am super, super happy about it!  I also got this cute picture from Elder Pinsent and two of his missionary friends before he left Duluth, MN.  He is in Hastings now, and still doing as great as ever.  We are starting to talk more and more about school and we are trying to get some of those logistics worked out.
Tuesday night I went to see Divergent with Amanda Neill.  It was so good!  I borrowed the next book in the series from Paige Biggley today!  Wednesday night I did some more relaxing at home, but then I wanted to go out, so I went and bought a couple of things at Wal-Mart.  I figured if I was really going to love David Myles, I needed to buy his CD.  First of all, I am happy it was in stock, and second, I feel like I am sitting on a cloud when I listen to him sing!  He is so talented.  Thursday night after work I came home and did some stuff around the messy house.  Being with Bryan hasn't been too bad, but I decided to be a good sister and do his laundry, but I made him wash the dishes.  I also made chicken curry that night for dinner and it was delicious.  I posted a little 'throwback thursday' because I came across this cute picture of Haig and I in Ontario a couple of years ago.  Oh, how I miss these sweet, precious moments and I am anxious and excited to have them in my life again.  September is just getting so much closer and closer!  I put my newly purchased hdmi cable to use to end the night.  I watched the Veronica Mars Movie on our flat screen TV, which is so much better than having only watched it on my laptop!

Friday night I went to Burger Love with Scott, his roommate Sarah and her boyfriend Sam.  We went to Mavors for the M-2.  It was really, really delicious!  I was so stuffed after, but I went to the Delta for the ecmw volunteer recognition.  It wasn't too exciting, but Sam was there so it was so nice to get to know her a little better!  I made my way home earlier, and started watching the episode of Grey's Anatomy that I missed the night before.  Then, my Mom called!  She told me so much about her trip and I am so happy they are having so much fun.  We talked for awhile until I realized I wanted her to have stuff to tell me when she gets home, so we said good-bye for the night.  Saturday, I was a little lazy in the morning, but I deserved it!  Then, I went grocery shopping for some extra stuff for our meals this coming week.  On my drive home I realized how beautiful the day was.  So when I got home, I decided I would go for a run.  I am not a runner, but I am more determined this time.  THE COLOR RUN is coming here in July, and it's only 5 km but I am going to be ready for it!

It was a great, busy but relaxing week.  I work Monday-Thursday this week at a new location but I plan on having another chill week, and I am looking forward to having my momma, daddy and sister back on FRIDAY, just in time for the Easter weekend <3






No comments: