Tuesday, May 20, 2014

a wedding reception

Just a couple more shots before we left the Cumberland Village.
From there, we drove just up the road to the Camelot Club.
The reception area had a gorgeous view.  We helped decorate the night before, and I still couldn't get over how pretty the view was!
We congratulated the bride and groom and got a picture with them.
We also took a picture with our new friends June and Keith who have daughters Kayla & Alyssa.
There was a yummy supper.  I ate so much I got a tummy ache and had to take a couple walks.
Later on, I felt better and I was ready to dance to my heart and stomach's content with my family.
We were the life of the party in that room.
I also got to watch all of my aunts dance to the Time Warp, and it will be engrained in my memory forever.
Oh, and a cute waiter gave Kayla a free drink, but not intentionally, darn it.
Kayla was a designated driver and drove in Ontario!  It was fun for her.
We stayed on the dance floor until about 11:30 and then the group of us staying at Aunt Helen's made our way home.
I am so happy I was able to go to Ontario for this wedding, and re-connect with my family and make memories with them.  Sometimes, we have to make sacrifices, and in this case, I was nervous about going up and missing time to do school work on my new spring courses.  But, it was so worth it and I know our presence was appreciated.  I am thankful for the hospitality we experienced, especially from our Aunt Helen, who Kayla and I stayed with.














1 comment:

Laura Dunford said...

That view is super pretty. Looks like a fun time! The bride makes you all look super short though