Monday, July 7, 2014

first work week

well my first full week at the park went great.  I like it a lot.  I like spending the days in the shelter right now because not too many kids come around.  I find things to do inside.  Today, I cleaned out some cupboards that contained some mouse droppings... yuck.  So then I cleaned all of the pots, pans and utensils that were in them as well.  I made a poster and wrote up a press release for an event at the hall next week.  I attempted at some gardening, but we will see what happens with that.  I cooked for the first time at the shelter tonight.  I boiled some hot dogs and then threw them in a frying pan with some BBQ sauce.  It was weird not to cook in my own house, I don't cook outside of my own kitchen very much!

I worked on Saturday during "tropical storm Arthur".  That was kind of fun.  I was mostly just worried about the power going out and losing my wifi.  Yes, I work at a park and I have wifi, and it is awesome!  I may or may not have watched a movie on netflix today ;) There is also leftover ice cream from Canada Day but I am getting sick of the strawberry flavoured one.  Maybe I will just have to go back to ADL and buy another box for myself and my co-worker Emily!  After I left on Saturday, it was nice to go home and be in my bed and relax, but I do have to say I love being at the park this summer, it is a wonderful place to be!




No comments: