Monday, July 14, 2014

life = bliss

My life seems like bliss lately, and I have been feeling so grateful for all the wonderful things right now.  I am happy, and I can remember times when I wasn't, so this feel so good.  I absolutely love my summer job.  It is so laid back, but fun at the same time.  It is providing me with the perfect work/school/life balance, which is exactly what I need this summer.  School is going well even though I am little nervous about the course I just started, I have hope and faith that it is all going to go well.  Tomorrow, I will register for my 4th and final year at UPEI, and again the same thing, I am so nervous for the coming school year and the courses that I need to take to complete my degree, but at the same time I know that I have made it this far, and I will finish strong.  I am thankful all that I have learned.  When I get asked what I learned from University in job interviews, I won't reply with information I learned in my courses, I will say that I learned so much about dedication, commitment, time management and passion.  I never thought I would have such a drive to complete something, especially something like University.  I know that the Lord instilled me with this characteristic, because I know I would not have made it through the last couple of years without it.  Things at home and at church are both going great as well.  I do love being at home with my family, but I am starting to feel a little disconnected from my age as I wake up and get ready for the day, or spend evenings at home, when most of my friends are not out on their own.  I get the same old "you are saving money" thing from time to time, and I know that, but it doesn't really change that I am longing for that experience.  Maybe an opportunity will come up for the fall, but until then, who knows.  I love going to church each week and seeing the many beautiful faces in my ward.  There are so many sweet families and I love catching tender moments between parents and children, or between children.  It makes me desire a family so much more than I already do.  When I get to watch these families, these eternal families, my soul is filled with happiness.  I have snap shot some of these moments in my mind so I can hold unto them until I have moments like this of my own.  Things with my friends are also awesome.  I am having such a fun summer and trying to find time to see everyone has been a little difficult, but I am making things work.  Whether it is just quick meet ups (like with Ellen for lunch), lazy afternoons at the beach (with Jocelyn and Kayla), late night ice cream dates (Casey, Cody & Jocelyn) or late night board games (Mom, Kayla and the best neighbour ever, Amanda!), I am loving all this quality time with people that I love.  I feel happy to have these people and more in my life, and especially for their support these past years.  Last but not least, music is finding its way of impacting my life.  There are so many songs that are able to describe so many of these moments or songs that bring back so many wonderful memories.  There are songs that help me to daydream, and there are songs that help me to feel calm, make me think or help me to move forward.  Music in my life provides me with many unique experiences.

& as for the rest of it, I am just going to hang in there.
It is astonishing how short a time it can take for wonderful things to happen.  

No comments: