Friday, January 16, 2015

january is lovely

Well, this month has been busy but other times I find myself simply enjoying the moment and this stage of my life that I am in. I started my last semester at UPEI. I am taking 4 courses. Research and Methodology, Introduction to Social Work, Leadership Theory and Practice and an online course called The Meaning of Life. It should be a very interesting and informative semester and I am excited to be on the road to graduation. I am also working twice a week, starting an internship for leadership and also somehow managing to plan a wedding, have date nights with my fiance and spend time at home with my family. Haig and I were also called as Ward Missionaries so we are excited for the opportunity to help the full time missionaries more in their pursuit to share the gospel! I like days like today. I have been doing some school work and then I went to school to meet the sister missionaries as they were having a discussion with some people who were interested in learning some more about the church. Then I picked Haig up from work and we did a couple things and now I am sitting here, I just finished some more more homework, I get to glimpse up and see Haig sitting on the couch with my sister watching "say yes to the dress". He would hate that I just posted that, but it is making me happy and he certainly likes doing that so whatever, he can deal with it. We are going sledding tonight with Casey and Cody and we are excited to spend some more time with them, especially before they go away next month on a cruise! They will be back in time before our wedding in Halifax and we are super happy to have them come with us for that special day. They are the best!

In other news, I have been drinking lots of hot chocolate, listening to blank space all the time, having fun making cute study notes for school, giving my fiancee kisses at his apartment and walking around campus knowing that I am almost done. Life is treating me pretty well. I have had a couple meltdowns the past few weeks, I won't lie. But I think I really forget how blessed I am. During one of these rough times, Haig held me in his arms and suddenly I was more emotional because I still have those moments that I realize, he is here. We are getting married for time and all eternity, and the little stresses of school and life will not hold us back from that. That is such a lovely thought.

No comments: