Thursday, June 18, 2015

Haig's Birthday!

For a couple months now, we have known that our ward was planning a temple trip on Haig's birthday. As it got closer and closer, we knew we would end up at the temple for the day with our family and friends. Things got more exciting when Haig decided that he wanted to spend the whole weekend there with his family too! We got home from work on Friday and got ready to go. It was nice to take a couple minutes together to unwind and forget about the week and start our weekend off right! We drove to Nova Scotia! It was so nice to be"home" again. I always love spending time with the Pinsent family. 

On Saturday, Haig's birthday!, we went to Tim Hortons for breakfast before going to a session at the temple. Members from our ward arrived after our session was done. It was so nice to see beautiful, smiling and also anxious faces. I love the temple so much more when I love the people in it. Especially my husband, mother, father and baby sister Kayla. I won't be in the temple with my sister again for quite sometime, so it was nice to be with her there, even if it was just in the bathroom as she was doing her hair! It felt nice. I am so happy for the decision she has made to take a new and exciting opportunity as a journalist in Newfoundland! 

Haig and I took Kayla to the mall for a little bit. It was nice to have a quick break before going back to do some more special things at the temple. I miss doing things with Kayla now that I don't live with her anymore. Sometimes we would just be like "you wanna go shopping?", "yeah let's go". I guess that's sisterhood, and friendship for yah.

Haig and I went back to the temple for the afternoon to spend some more time there with my parents and friends from our church congregation. We got to share in some special experiences. We were both able to have the opportunity to think about the day we got married in the temple. Our marriage there sealed us as husband and wife for time and for all eternity and I will forever be grateful for our eternal marriage. It brings me so much joy, peace and happiness.

The rest of the day was so nice! We didn't make any plans for our weekend other than attending the temple. We went home and took Luke and Hannah out for a little while. We went to Value Village first. I bought some doilies, mason jars and Haig got a pretty cool "Nova Scotia" belt buckle. We went down to Eastern Passage to see Victoria at work. Mom and Dad were picking her up at the same time! We looked around for a couple minutes and we also ran into the Oliver family. It was nice to see them. When we got back home, mom sent us back out to get an Ice Cream cake. She hoped we would think of something clever to write on it for our birthdays, but we didn't. The cake was still delicious! We had BBQ burgers and steak.

Later that evening, we visited with our good friend Maia! She is so hilarious. I loved spending time with her. She was able to come to our wedding reception last month and we didn't get to talk to her a lot so it was nice to be able to catch up in a less formal atmosphere. She is a wonderful mother to two sweet ladies. I am so happy to see her continue to grow and learn as a wife, mother and friend!

We relaxed when we got back home and headed to bed for our early church start the next morning.

I love my husband. In case you didn't already know that. Our first birthdays as a married couple have been wonderful. I am so excited to spend many more birthdays with him.  











No comments: