Sunday, August 16, 2015

#BestDay

What Keeps You from What Matters Most?

work
social media
managing finances
running errands
researching for work

Life can get a little distracting.

I choose to keep the Sabbath Day holy because the Lord has commanded me to. On Sundays, I can go to church and spend time with my family and friends. I can hear uplifting words from speakers that are guided by the Spirit to say what needs to be heard. The week brings many challenges and distractions.  Sunday is a day that fixes all of that. I can sing hymns of praise and rejoice. I can be instructed by teachers who are led by the spirit and sweet sisters that I admire. Most of all, I can feel the spirit, especially as I partake of the sacrament and remember the covenants I have made with my Heavenly Father. I get to see faces of happy children. I hear reverent and fervent prayers for our Bishop, our local leaders and our beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. My husband will walk me to Relief Society and give me a quick kiss before I leave his side. I give and receive hugs from friendly faces, or those who might be having a hard day.

Sunday is a day to Focus on What Matters Most.

Our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ
Christ's Atonement
the Scriptures
Prayer
Temple, Family History & Missionary Work
Family 

"as we follow the Lord's counsel to take time to be holy each Sabbath Day. we will reach peak performance in our lives". 

Sunday is The Best Day.


learn more at lds.org 

No comments: