Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Menu Planning

Working full time and sending hubby to school has put a huge change in our schedule. I am really starting to enjoy my work at my after-school program. My kids are incredible, even though sometimes it is hard for me to get them to listen to me, I am amazed by their abilities and their characteristics. I work until 5:30 and sometimes I have to stay around a couple of extra minutes to clean up, and then it takes me about 20 minutes to drive home. Yeah, it's not very exciting but I don't mind it. The challenging part is getting home close to 6:00 and I am sooo hungry!

On Sunday afternoon, I sat down with the grocery flyers and planned our meals for the week. I really need to start planning meals like I did when we first got married. Life got a little busy this summer and I didn't write down our meal plan ever, and that worked out really well, but now that Haig is home before me, he can know what needs to be done for dinner before I even walk in the door. He has been doing a great job too.

So this is what my menu looked like this week:

Monday: Pizza

well, it was pizza from a box but it was grocery shopping night so we didn't have a lot of time to make anything else if we wanted to get out and get our grocery shopping done at a decent time,

Tuesday: Tuna Casserole

I actually prepared this on Monday night after we got home from grocery shopping, so all Haig had to do was put it in the oven while I was driving home, It only took me approximately 7 minutes to prepare.

Wednesday: Left-overs/Fend

I hate to say I am making Haig "fend for himself", but I have a staff meeting tonight and there's lots of good and healthy food in the fridge. He will probably end up having toast and eggs.

Thursday: Meatloaf

I am really excited to make a meatloaf for the first time. I think I will prepare it tonight so all Haig has to do tomorrow is put it in the oven. I am using a recipe that is in a Relief Society cookbook, so it should be pretty good.

Friday: Date Night?

Okay, I will be honest I left this night blank in hopes for a date with my husband after a long week of work, but if we don't get out there's always pizza, or eggs and toast.,..

Saturday: Sister Missionaries for Dinner: Tuscan Stew and Biscuits

So, this sweet woman in my ward bought me a Campbell's soup recipe box for my bridal shower. Not all of the recipes look great, but we tried this one for Tuscan Stew last year and it was so yummy. I am going to try it again this weekend for the sister missionaries, because I mean who doesn't like warm and delicious, creamy stew and home made biscuits? I hope they like it.

Anyways, I don't really know why I chose to write about this this morning, but I guess I am just trying to convince myself I am doing a good job on this whole wife thing. At least I think I am.

No comments: