Thursday, November 26, 2015

Halifax Nova Scotia Temple


We have been wanting to get to the temple for awhile now. I have probably wanted to go to the temple from the second I last stepped out of the doors on Thanksgiving weekend in October. We just knew we needed to get back too, and feel the peace that we feel there. It seemed like every weekend something came up. When I started to think about my new job on the weekend and the events that we have going on in December, I instantly knew if we didn't go now, we wouldn't be going for a long time.  So we asked my parents if they would join us, helped us out a lot to make the trip over with splitting the cost. We left very early on Saturday morning to drive over. I am so grateful that we can make the trip in one day, but it is still difficult to get up so early and be in the car practically the whole day. We had a nice session in the temple. I was reminded that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me, regardless of the insecurities I am feeling at this time. I was happy to be with three people that I love very much, my forever husband and my mom & dad. I was also happy to see friends going to the temple together and as families. After our session, we went to Montana's for some lunch. It was great, but it felt like we waited forever for our food, or maybe I was just really hungry (probably both). Haig drove home, and of course we stopped at Masstown. I got the biggest two scoops of ice cream I have ever seen. It was so delicious. Everyone else got a little snack too, and Haig and I also purchased a chocolate silk truffle cake to share when we got home and it was so melt-in-your-mouth amazing.

It was also a perfect weekend to attend the temple because on Sunday, November 22nd we attended the re-dedication for the Montreal Quebec Temple. I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to be in the temple and feel the spirit and feel that same spirit as I joined many Saints celebrating this wonderful temple. The temple in Montreal was closed for about a year to undergo renovations and this means that it was not in service for people to attend and perform sacred ordinances there. When temples are built, it becomes a sacred house of worship with a ceremony called a dedication in which the temple is consecrated to the Lord. I don't know what I would do if I could not go to the temple for a whole year. I love to see the Temple and I love the House of the Lord.  

No comments: