Monday, November 30, 2015

Things will get better...

So inspired this morning when I woke up and read this beautiful note my mother wrote on Facebook. I am so grateful to be part of her life, in hard times and in the best of times. I love you mom.

Things will get better... by Karen D. Fraser
Life is interesting. Once upon a time I had a plan for my life, but you know what they say; Life is what happens when you're making plans. A few things lately led me to thinking about what I would tell my 20 something year old self. One thing for sure is that hind sight really is 20/20! We all have dreams, hopes, and goals for our future... I once had plans of joining the Canadian Military... didn't happen. Many of us planned to marry high school sweethearts... most don't, some who do don't last. Once married we planned to build our own home... nope! We hoped to make our lives in Alberton, PEI... we have lived in Alberton, New Annan, Bedeque, Wilmot Valley, Moncton, Charlottetown, and Milton Station. We had a plan to start a family... it took 5 years. We have had jobs, lost jobs, and made a few career changes. There have been joys, disappointments, struggles, and triumphs. We have made good choices, some not so good, others blessing in disguise and more often than not many things happened just by chance, sheer luck, or bad fortunes. We have grown, matured, and learned from these experiences and most of them have been for our good and we have been made stronger and better because of all of them. One thing that I would tell my 20 year old self is that everything happens for a reason, many times in disappointment or adversity ... it is often a learning experience for us and in many cases it makes way for something better to come along! So learn how to grow from trials, gain strength in good times and in BAD, know that life and love are not only full of good and joy, but also full of hard times and sadness. Learn to roll with it, deal with it, work through it, and above all else... rise above it! Things will get better...

No comments: