Thursday, January 21, 2016

At a glance...

Laura, I have been feeling the same way about this week. It is going by so slow. I don't know what it is about the winter time that just makes everything seem longer, more drawn out than other seasons. I am not really enjoying it to be honest, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it either. I try to stay busy doing a number of different things. Here are some things that kept me pretty busy this week...

-Work as per usual. I am taking a CPR course tomorrow which should be pretty exciting. Whenever I think about CPR I always think of the scene from the Office and Kelly Kapour dancing while Michael Scott sings "Staying Alive". It's very iconic in my mind.

-Played a game of soccer with my after-school kids, until they got upset about the teams and then they started fighting so we went back to the classroom. Pick your battles kids.

-I officially started my quilt for community school. I went last night for the second time because we were cancelled last week. I already cut out my fabric into 2 1/2 inch strips with some help from Julie. Then we learned how to find our 1/4 inch seam last night and start our strip set for our "strip surprise" quilt. When you hear the term "strip surprise" it does sounds kind of dirty and scandalous doesn't it?

-Not a whole lot of baking going on over here this week. Oh, well I did make a huge batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It made about 4 dozen. We also got cupcakes one night because a shop in town is closing. They were very good. I even took some home to share with my family.

-I am working hard on getting back into the habit of meal planning. It is so difficult with Haig taking two night classes, but we will figure it out. It's almost the end of January and I don't think I have had a meal plan all month and I really want to get back to planning!

-Uh, it's almost the end of January, like what?

-My mom and I are throwing an epicure party tomorrow night. I am nervous because I don't think a lot of people will show up, but I don't even care because food.

-Started season 7 of Gilmore Girls. It has probably been a waste of my time but most people have a "show" right? Well this is my "show" right now and I will have to finish it, especially with a revival coming out soon. I won't go into too many details, but Lorelai is the worst for leaving Luke. I just can't even. And then sleeping with Christopher? What the he-l-l Lorelai!!?!?!

-Made the most delicious epicure guacamole yesterday for dinner before community school. There's just a little bit left over for me to have some for lunch today.

-My husband is taking me on a date tonight: grocery shopping. This is marriage people

-But in more exciting news, we have a hotel room booked for our first anniversary! Thanks to Jocelyn for getting us a great deal ;)

No comments: