Friday, April 8, 2016

Freak Lunchbox CHARLOTTETOWN

I think I am the happiest person in all of Charlottetown because 
Freak Lunchbox is finally coming to the island! 

I have been a huge fan of their store for a long time. The first time I visited their store was when I was in grade 8 and I had to visit the IWK. I have a picture of me standing with the oompa loompa outside and my face is as white as a ghost from getting blood work done and sitting in a hospital bed all day. I visited the store a couple more times over the years with friends and family, and then of course with Haig and also his family. I would say that visiting Freak Lunchbox in Halifax is part of our love story. Walking inside just gives me such a thrill. I really like buying candy that I've never seen before or have a hard time coming across in the stores. Some of my personal favorites are bottle caps, sweet-tarts, Wonka chocolate bars, mint m&m's and pineapple jones soda. The staff have always been super friendly and outgoing. The smell of sugar is so strong in the store it's no wonder they are so bubbly all the time.

I am so excited to have one here in my hometown, 
but the store in Halifax will always be close to me heart too.

Photos taken by Laura Dunford, August 2015.







 

No comments: