Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Michaels Clearance Haul

I don't think I would want to live in Charlottetown if we didn't have a Michaels Store. I love all of the ideas that the store has to offer. I really like purchasing little knick knacks at Michaels and going there to get inspiration for crafts, projects, do-it-yourself tutorials and just finding the coolest odds and ends for things! I went in a couple days ago to look for a certain type of mod podge glue for a project I have coming up. Unfortunately, the only size bottle of this type was a little out of my budget, so I will have to wait for the next 50% off one item coupon.

Never go to Michaels without a coupon. I love that Michaels is so great for putting out coupons and their in store promotions are usually pretty spectacular. I am also hoping the paper goes on sale too for another project I have in the works (so many projects!!!). Even though I didn't buy what I went in for, I browsed the clearance shelves that are at the ends of the aisles. I started to get so many ideas of some project ideas I have had on the back burner for sometime, and I also picked up a couple things to get me through the summer. I had also just went to a price-mart store where I picked up a couple more things to go along with the projects I have in mind for the next couple of weeks.


Wooden Spoon Make-Over
I have been wanting to make these for awhile now, but I have been keeping an eye out for a nice set of wooden utensils at a good price. I also purchased two sets of (3) spoons at the dollar-store, so maybe I will have a giveaway for this project! I just need to buy some dishwasher safe mod podge and then this project will be ready to go!

Tinted Vases/Mason Jars
This project has been sitting on my pinterest board for over a year now, and obviously I have't revisited the tutorial because I bought the wrong paint for it. I will try these ones and see if it works out, and if not I will try again! I bought the Martha Stewart Glass Paint in Pearl Opaque in hummingbird and the Martha Stewart Glass Paint in Gloss Transparent in wisteria. I am pretty concerned about putting glass in the oven, so we will see how this goes!

Mason Jar Drinking Glasses
My mother and sister in law were making these for a while a couple of years ago, but I would really like to try making one! I found some pink reusable straws at price-mart and thought this would be a great project for the summer.

Zig-Zag Scissors... because everyone needs a pair of scissors that does something other than cutting a straight line right?

Chalkboard Sticker Labels... these are so cute! I thought they would be great for my parent's anniversary party this summer. I will place them on the table with white paper cups and people can put one on their cup and write their name on it.

Pink Paper Doilies...again, so cute and so inexpensive. These will also be cute to decorate my parent's anniversary party or also decorate for a girls night in.

Wooden Speech Bubbles...this was probably my favorite find of this haul. My plan is to add some chalkboard pain on the front in an oval shape and add magnets to the back to put them on the fridge. I think they will compliment our picture fridge magnets in a cute and unique way.

All together, everything in this post cost under $15 and the projects will be super fun to make over the next little while, stay tuned for the outcomes!

No comments: