Thursday, May 12, 2016

throwback: the story of why I started my blog

Hello again! I'm sharing a little "throwback" story today. Maybe I will do this every month? Over the past couple of weeks, I have been working really hard to write more meaningful posts, create projects and maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle. I was thinking about what blogging means to me and I thought I would share the reason why I started to write a blog.

In September 2010, I left my home on PEI and moved to Halifax to study at Dalhousie University. Long story short, it didn't really work out and I ended up moving home after three weeks. When I first arrived however, I was taking a lot of webcam pictures and posting them on Facebook (the days before Instagram!) and some of my friends mentioned that I should write a blog. At first I had no idea what I would talk about. It wasn't until I decided that I would be moving home that I starting writing. You can read my first blog post here called I'm going back to the start

I started writing to know that even though things didn't work out in Halifax, I still had a purpose.
I still had goals, hopes and aspirations. I still wanted to work hard, accomplish my goals, while having fun spending time with friends and family and doing things that I love. Just because this didn't work out, I wasn't going to give up. So as I worked hard, and had some fun I wanted to document every step of my journey to figure out what I wanted to do with this thing called life.

As I look back now, I am so incredibly grateful for this record of my life. I wrote it all, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. I went back to school. I waited for my missionary, I had good times with my friends, I was welcomed into a new family. This is my beautiful, uniquely Pinsent Life.

My blog is now called Pinsent Life I always knew I wanted to be a part of Haig's wonderful family. Being a Pinsent can certainly be an adventure. We have our moments but I love that I after all this time I can finally say that I am Haig's wife and we have a family! Do you ever just think of how wonderfully incredible life is? My life continues to be so remarkable and extraordinary, and I don't want to forget to take my beautiful life for granted, 
so I write.



No comments: