Friday, June 24, 2016

weekend getaway

I'm pretty excited for a weekend off island! I think sometimes I feel like we are all stuck here, it's nice to get away for a little while. I've talked to Islanders who have never been to Nova Scotia or sometimes New Brunswick and I'm honestly shocked! I think it would be so strange to never have opportunities to travel off island. Don't get me wrong, I love my home and I love that I can call myself an Islander and that my husband moved here for us to start our life together, but I need to travel every so often, especially to see family, friends and the people we care about!

This week was alright. I got my hair cut, you can read more about it on my previous post. On Wednesday we had our car into he shop to learn more about a noise it is making. We just spent about $300 getting something fixed and to get it registered for the year, and now we will have to spend another $500 to get something else fixed! I guess that's the problem of buying an older car. Haig got a new job, so we know his schedule for next week and we are both looking forward to this new opportunity for him. Haig also finished up his spring course and hopefully he will have his grade sometime next week. 

We celebrated Kayla's 21st BIRTHDAY a little bit early. We took over a deep and delicious McCain's cake and hung out with her before she was going to meet up with some church friends. We will be away this weekend and she will be in Alberta later next week so we won't be seeing much of each other. I'm so happy to celebrate another birthday with my not so baby sister! I gave her Taylor Swift's 1989 on vinyl and some other things I knew she would like! Kayla is going to have one great year, I just know it!

Today we are leaving to go to Nova Scotia until Sunday. Rachel and Kent fly on this afternoon and we will enjoy our weekend with them before bringing them back here with us on Sunday evening. Our whole Pinsent & Cliff family will be on PEI for a whole week! We are excited to see everyone and I'm excited to meet some new family members! All in celebration on Granny's birthday this past January! Woot Woot!

What are your plans for this weekend? Hopefully it stays nice and sunny for everyone! 

No comments: