Friday, July 22, 2016

student loans, and school and stuff

The other night, Haig and I applied for his student loan for his second year at UPEI. Let me be the first to say I have a love/hate relationship with student loans. The application process sucks, but it has definitely improved over the years of applying. All things went smoothly when we applied for Haig this year, but I am worried that we will have to be reassessed during the year because I may not be working as much as we hope. I am in repayment of my student loans now and it sucks a lot. I try and pay a little more than my required monthly payment each month because I hope we can have mine paid off by the time Haig is done school, or even sooner. I am not however in any way ashamed of taking out student loans. They offered me the flexibility to pay for my schooling while working part time to make money for other bills and things I needed to purchase. Student loans teach you a lot about responsibility. The interest rate kind of sucks, but like I said, I didn't have any other options at the time for my tuition payments. We don't have a lot of other options right now for Haig's payments for school. We will look into more scholarships and bursaries this year once the school year starts. School is expensive. We hope this debt, hard work and dedication pays off for the both of us. I love my husband more than anything and I am so glad he is in school at this time, and didn't put off his schooling anymore than he already had. I am so proud of the grades that he achieved this past year, and although some things didn't work out to our advantage, I know there will be lots of other wonderful opportunities in his path in the coming months and years!

No comments: