Friday, September 30, 2016

happy pregnant moments

I loved reading though this article a couple days ago on Baby Center.ca.
Every moment of pregnancy can be very sweet!


some of my favorite moments so far have been:

Relishing the early weeks when only you and your partner knew your special secret.
Okay, so maybe it was only a couple of days before we told anyone, but what I like more about this one is the time we spent together just before finding out we were pregnant! We went to New Brunswick for the weekend and although not everything went as planned, we had a nice weekend among friends. I was so nervous about sleeping in other people's houses because I thought for sure I was going to get my period with all of the cramps I was having! The day after we got home I took a test and it was positive. I just like knowing that we had some time to spend together before finding out that that baby was on the way!

Maternity rights in Canada are getting better all the time.
This one is really wonderful! I have heard about what maternity leave is like in other countries right now, United States I'm looking at you, and it's horrible! I am so glad I have the option of taking a year off work to get to know my new little person. I am glad I am still able to work now to put in the required hours to be able to make the claim for the maternity leave. Also, I think the whole "I want maternity leave without kids" is 100%, absolutely ridiculous (but it might be okay if they completely understood why we need a year off, read this).

Telling your sister the good news.
A couple days after taking the test, I met up with my sister at Value Village one morning. We were having a good time chatting and looking at dresses. We wandered over to the baby section and I started to look for any baby onesie that had something to do with being an "aunt". I found one, it probably said something like "my aunt is so cool" or "my aunt loves me", I can't remember. I showed it to Kayla and said something like how about this? I looked at her with the biggest smile on my face and she said "oh my gosh are you serious". So yeah I told my sister at Value Village but it was great and she loved it!

Suddenly you'll feel a new appreciate for your own mother and all she went through having you
The other day when I was talking to my mom I mentioned something about how hard it would be to move apartments/houses during a pregnancy. Right after I said it, she exclaimed that she moved from New Brunswick to PEI when she was pregnant with me! My mom and dad have been a great support, especially with helping us get things ready for baby. I am looking forward to having my mom there with me when baby comes, because she knows me so well and I know she will understand what I need when I am having a baby!

Feeling those first flutters and kicks
I started to feel my first flutters and kicks in mid-August. I was driving one day and the song Lost Boy by Ruth B came on the radio. Baby suddenly started fluttering a lot! I sang along to my sweet baby. Since then, the kicks have become a little more aggressive. I have a harder time distinguishing them when I am at work or busy running errands. I finally caught some on video the other day, but I cannot share because I was only wearing underwear haha!

Lying in bed with your partner's arms around you and your bump, knowing that love has created a new life.
Haig thanks me very often for this opportunity to become parents. He also likes to take credit for baby making it to my belly, but I think most men enjoy doing this in silly little ways. I was really upset about my skin one morning and he told me that "this is the most beautiful I have ever been". I am so glad we are married as husband and wife to do this together. I get emotional thinking about all this time that has passed and finally we are having a baby together, this baby is the luckiest kid in the whole wide world (or womb right now...).

No comments: