Wednesday, September 7, 2016

HELLO SEPTEMBER


Welcome to September 2016! The first week of this month is already gone but here I am welcoming a new month and soon a new season. Bring out all of the scarves and let's try everything pumpkin spice shall we? I am really hoping to get back to some fun blogging projects this month. With Haig starting school again, I am sure there won't be as many late night walks and hanging out with friends, so I want to find some more energy to put into some fun posts as we get ready for baby and also other fun things we like to do as a family. Anything you would like to read or want me to to try, just let me know!

With our crib and bookshelves on the way from IKEA, I really hope to continue to get the nursery ready this month along with starting to purchase some baby essentials like diapers, wipes and other household items to stock up on when they are on sale. Our landlord said we could paint the room a light color if we wanted to. I am not sure what to do yet. If I could find a rocking chair or glider that I like then maybe I would know. It is really hard to plan for a gender neutral baby, but lots of colors and prints can work for both genders, so it should be lots of fun!

Haig is going back to school tomorrow and we are both pretty happy about it. His co-op opportunity didn't work out earlier in the summer and that was a huge downfall but hopefully a new semester and new course load will get him back on the right track and help him determine some more concrete goals for what he will be doing as a career in the future. He is studying business at this present time, and hopefully going to specialize in accounting, but that may change, time will tell!

I was kind of sad driving by UPEI today after dropping Haig off at work. I miss school sometimes. I miss the routine of my classes and having assignments to do and learning lots. I don't think I will be going back to school anytime soon but I would love to advance my education someday. I would like to learn more about seniors, families and communities and how I can help contribute more to my province and country!

We had our second ultrasound yesterday to say hi to baby! Our technician told us that baby was moving a lot and that it was hard for her to get some more of the required images because they were moving so much! At one point, baby had the hiccups and we all thought that was pretty cute. For the last 10 minutes or so my sister Kayla was able to come into the room to join us and see her little niece or nephew! I am still not positive that I know what it is, and when I got home from the ultrasound I had a good cry, wishing that we would find out the gender, but I am very excited for the surprise on delivery day. Tons of people keep telling me that its better to know so you can be prepared, but my husband reassured me that baby will have a loving mommy & daddy, a roof over their head, a place to sleep, clothes to wear and a car seat to come home from the hospital, so everything else will be okay.

We are excited for a new month to try new things and keep loving our Pinsent Life!

No comments: