Wednesday, May 7, 2014

at home with the Pinsents

The Pinsent house is a fun place to be.  We eat lots of good food, watch funny movies, and we laugh a lot.  Sometimes fights break out, sometimes there is some yelling, and even crying.  Things are best when everyone is happy though.  I visited with the family from Thursday May 1st until Tuesday morning May 6th.  I had originally planned on going up to see City and Colour with Victoria, but a couple weeks before I also found out that Katherine would be coming home with Cecelia so that was a much added bonus.  They didn't arrive until Saturday, but we started to have some fun any ways.  Thursday night I went to the temple and it was a lovely experience.  Not only did I receive personal inspiration, I got to see Savannah Webber go into the temple with her husband Brandon for the first time.  It was so sweet and I could really see how much they loved each other and the gospel.  After I got out of the temple, I went and picked up Jared.  He came over and we watched 'The Amazing SpiderMan'.  In the last week or so, I watched the older trilogy, and now that there is a new one in theatres, we watched this one because neither of us have seen it.  Jared is a great guy and I love hanging out with him.  He has a great way of putting things into perspective.  I can probably say that it is from being a return missionary.  It was nice to see him even though it was only for a short time.

Friday morning I talked with Nichla and I got ready for the day.  I went to the mall by myself because I was looking for a couple things in particular.  I have been looking for a new purse, and it has been impossible to find.  I went into Payless as soon as I got into the mall, but I wasn't really sure why because I had already looked in ours at home.  But then, I saw my perfect purse.  I did look around some other stores but I ended up going back to get that one, and the added bonus was that the register rang it up on sale!  I also braved the new Forever 21 store.  It is a massive store and I got disappointed very quickly as  I began shopping and realized that so many of the cute clothes were immodest.  I was able to find a handful of tops and a couple dresses and I did end up buying a modest dressy top that I am pretty excited about.  On my way home, I stopped at Wendy's and had a baked potato and chocolate frosty, it was a pretty delicious snack.

Eli came over around dinner time and we had crepes.  They were so yummy.  There was basically a fight to the death for the nutella, but once things calmed down, I smeared some all over mine with some bananas and honey.  I also had a raspberry and yogurt crepe the next morning which was also great.  In the evening, we watched some movies.  'The Perks of being a Wallflower' and 'About Time'.  'About Time' was super cute and I think I will have to watch it again sometime soon to really understand everything that happened.  We paused the movie for a bit so Hannah Jane and I hung out together before she had to go to bed.  She is getting so good at the piano, and she makes me wish I could play.  She is also really goofy and is not very fond of smiling nicely for a picture.  I also took some photos of Nichla's fresh wall downstairs.  The old family photos are so sweet, although Katherine said she is going to do some updating while she is home.           






No comments: