Sunday, August 17, 2014

hopewell rocks

Please bear with me as I post an enormous amount of photos on one post.  This day was just too exciting not to over-document.  You see, the last time I was at Hopewell Rocks I was probably 3 or 4.  I wanted to go last summer and earlier this summer but it just didn't work out for us.  So, you can imagine my happiness when my Aunt Helen mentioned it at dinner the night before that she would not mind going.  I was happy and on board.  You see Hopewell Rocks is so cool because at low tide, you are walking on the ocean floor.  The 'flower pots' are absolutely phenomenal and I just loved the whole experience of it.  It was great to see so many other people enjoying it, some more than others.  A number of kids and even families were not afraid to get themselves dirty in the New Brunswick mud.  I wasn't going to be doing any of that but it was fun to watch.  I am happy I got to go with this wonderful group of women and I am happy to have them in my life.  Oh, and I can't forget the boys either, Beckett and Keltic.  They were great company and they had a lot of fun.  I think they were just happy to get the peanut butter cookies when we took a quick break, but I was too.  We stopped at a little diner restaurant for a late lunch on our way out and I got a yummy one piece fish and chips.  We made our way back into town to buy some groceries and head out to Aunt Helen's rental cottage!

Also, when I was walking the ocean floor all I could think of was one of New Brunswick's promotional commercials accompanied by the wonderful and NB native David Myles.

how'd I get so lucky, lucky lucky me

























1 comment:

Helen said...

The guy who took our photo got a good shot of all of us even of Beckett and Keltic.