Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday: east coast love






I loved Saturday so much.  When I woke up it was nice and sunny, but then after I got out of the shower, I was sad to see that the sun had disappeared behind some clouds.  I didn't let it get me too down though.  I knew we would have a wonderful day otherwise, and it was still warm so that was a bonus.  It was so nice to see Haig early in the morning and keep coming to the realization that he IS HOME.  It was such a wonderful feeling.  I think we did some reading in the scriptures together that morning, but I can't remember.  We did it a couple times and it was always nice to read with him and learn from him.  

We drove Victoria to Eastern Passage to go to work.  We took a little walk around and took some self timer photos again.  We like this spot a little bit.  It is nice to be on the East Coast.  We are so blessed to live near the water.  From there, we drove to the Ferry to take a little stroll around Halifax.  We walked all the way down to the market, but then only stayed for a couple minutes to talk to mom.  We decided that we wanted to try some poutine on the waterfront instead of getting a snack at the market.  It was late in the afternoon at this point and vendors were winding down for the day.  It was nice to see Momma and make sure she was having a good day.  We got a double pork kind of poutine at a place with pulled pork and tons of bacon, like a mountain of bacon I'll tell yah.  It was delicious and we enjoyed it.  It didn't rain, but we decided it was time to call it a day so we got back on the ferry and then headed home. 

Saturday night was more than perfect.  We ate some cheesecake in front of the Halifax Nova Scotia and talked about everything exciting that is in store.  I could not have asked for anything better.

No comments: