Saturday, April 11, 2015

our week

Since I started blogging a little more regularly, I have also been more interested in taking pictures of the things I do while I am at home, or at school, running errands or getting ready for work. I think I did pretty good this week. I did some more baking earlier this week. These snickerdoodle muffins were amazing. The great thing about these muffins was that I didn't want to put them in the freezer, so we had to eat them all within about a day. Talk about a sugar rush. 

On our Easter Monday while we were both home, we had a little extra time to make a special dinner. Haig ended up having a nap in the afternoon, so I got to play chef and I made us some waffles and bacon. Our waffle iron is a little sad, but it works and it was only $12. Every waffle was a different shape. They were amazing. We also used strawberries frozen from this past summer. They still taste delicious, but I am craving strawberry season like crazy.

In between heading to campus for my last couple of classes, I have also been hunting for reception decorations and job hunting! I went to value village this week and found two more frames that I really like. I will be using the frames for our wedding pictures. We have a lot of pictures as decorations for the reception, but everyone who knows me knows that I love taking pictures, so it really isn't a surprise. My job hunt was actually crazy this week. I had a job offer from an interview I had a little over a week ago. I had another interview the day after that for a totally different position After going to the interview and hearing some things about this position, I didn't know what to do! On Thursday I accepted the first position that was offered to me. Shortly after I got a call from the organization I currently work for and they offered me a permanent position! So, I took that!  It was a very stressful 24 hours, but I was really grateful for the opportunities that I had been given and having Haig and the spirit with me to guide my decision.

One night Haig and I went up to the church to go to a meeting. When we got there, we found out the meeting was cancelled. We were a little disappointed that we didn't know, but Haig played the piano for a little bit and I found a lot of comfort of being at the chapel and hearing him play and learn some of his favorite hymns. 

Now, the end of the week is upon us. I just finished up some baking. I made our favorite skinny double chocolate muffins and I tried a new cookie recipe. Both are amazing. The table is also covered with some reception projects I want to start working on [anyone want to help?] and also some of Haig's mission stuff that needs to be organized.

It has been a really great week. Now, will I spoil our dinner if I have one more cookie....?








No comments: