Sunday, February 28, 2016

my Sunday Man

These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago, but we have decided to take a Sunday picture at least once a month and I am pretty happy about it. I think a lot of families are taking pictures every Sunday, but I don't think my husband would enjoy that very much.

This past week has been so hard. I started to feel sick the day we got home from our anniversary. It was later in the evening after a church event and something wasn't sitting very well from a potluck. I slept on the couch because I thought I was going to be sick. When I woke up on Sunday morning, I was so sore and achy from our little uncomfortable couch. I had also started to get a sore throat and dry cough. Although I didn't want to send my husband to church alone, I needed to get some more rest. The rest of the week was tough too. I couldn't get Monday or Tuesday off work and my cold and fever symptoms were still making me feel terrible. When I finally got Wednesday afternoon off, I slept for about three hours and finally decided to go to a clinic after some really bad coughing. After I got some antibiotics for a respiratory tract infection, I went home and took them and started to feel really sick again. My husband rushed home from school to take care of me. I had a really terrible sleep that night, and I felt tired and light headed on Thursday. The rest of the weekend was pretty up and down, but he was always by my side and at my beck and call with anything I needed.

Here we are, Sunday again. I was able to go to church today and sit with my husband. I love when he puts his arm around me during the meeting. I love knowing that we can worship together. I love sitting beside him as we remember the covenants we have made with Heavenly Father. I love learning new gospel principles with him. We like to talk about our lessons and also our reflections about how they connect with our current goals and desires. I love to see this man interact with our friends at church, and especially the little ones in our ward family. I love to hear him sing hymns of praise. He is my Sunday kind of guy and I love him for being so in tune with the spirit always. 


No comments: