Thursday, August 18, 2016

golf for the guys, shopping for the girls

Haig's parents were here earlier this week for a visit! They arrived on Monday evening and stayed until Wednesday after lunch. I was at work when they arrived so Haig got them home to have some supper and hang out. When I got home from work we made a quick trip downtown to Freak Lunchbox to grab some goodies! We went to bed when we got home because I had a prenatal appointment in the morning and we wanted to make them waffles for breakfast!

Everything worked out well in the morning and when we got back from our appointment, the guys left to go golfing, but actually were not gone for too long before coming back to help us with some car troubles. Once that was all sorted out, they left again and Nichla and I went to do some shopping. I took my mother in law to some fun little artisan shops downtown and we had some lunch at Pita Pit. I had such a nice afternoon with her and the boys enjoyed their time playing golf at Strathgartney. In the evening, we went to my parents house for a delicious BBQ supper and we chatted with them and watched the Olympics.

Around 8:30, we left and headed downtown to go to the exhibition grounds and midway. We watched some horse races, Haig and I went on the Ferris Wheel and we bought some cotton candy. When we got home we played a game of ROOK and then headed to bed. In the morning, Mom and I did some more shopping at Value Village before having some friends over for lunch and then they left to go home.

It was so nice to be able to have them over, even it was for a short period of time. I know they needed some time away from home right now and I am glad they chose to spend some of that time with us. I needed them to be here with us for a little bit more than I thought I did. I got really lucky with my mother and father in law. They love us so much and want to do so much for us, regardless of how busy their lives continue to be at home. I hope we can make this summer visit a yearly experience, but we will continue to visit them in Nova Scotia as much as we can too!


No comments: