Sunday, March 19, 2017

First time in Nova Scotia

We took a quick road trip to Nova Scotia this weekend for Kayla to go to the temple for the first time. She had a lovely experience. We left early Friday morning, we stopped at Masstown Market for lunch and we successfully nursed in public for the first time. I was not impressed that their bathrooms were still under renovations. They looked the same from when I was there in October going over for Thanksgiving. There was no change table in the womens room so we had to change Haig on a window ledge. At least my mom was there to help me. When we arrived in Dartmouth, we tried to go get Kayla and Keaton's marriage license. She didn't have the right identification for Keaton so she was unable to get it but its okay because they will have some time before the actual wedding in May to go and take care of things. After that we headed to my in-laws and we stayed there until going to the temple that evening. My sweet friend Brittany was able to come with us and she also came over before to meet little Haig Arthur. After the temple, we came home and most of us went straight to bed, it was such a long day!

In the morning, my parents and Kayla went to the temple again and our friend Maia visited us with her girls Georgia and Ruby. It was so good to see them again and we hope they can visit us on PEI soon. It was nice to spend some time with my mother-in-law. I am so grateful for all she does for me and my little family. Once my family got home we got ready to leave. We stopped at Masstown Market again for some lunch. Can you tell we really like that place? It was a pretty busy and quick trip and I am disappointed that I didn't take more pictures, but I don't really want to take my little baby in and out of the car seat in this cold weather any more than I have to. We will visit again in the spring as a family and take baby's first pictures in Nova Scotia, at the temple, with his aunties and uncles, at the Confederation Bridge and much more!


No comments: