Sunday, May 14, 2017

MY "FIRST' MOTHERS' DAY

Motherhood has been such a wonderful adventure. Never has my life been so full. This role consumes so much of my time but I wouldn't change a thing because I love this little boy of mine so much. I have been thinking about his birth a lot recently and how much I miss those moments. Of course there was pain and I was also scared sometimes, but it was so exhilarating and exciting to welcome him into the world. I felt that in that moment, I was fulfilling my life purpose. Being a mother has changed so many things about my life, mostly for the better. I don't get nearly as much sleep as I used to, nursing is making me get bald spots and I've been thrown up numerous times, but oh this little boy steals my heart every single day. When he smiles when I sing to him, laughs when daddy plays with him and when we have our "little chats" my heart races. I love being his mother. I love what I have learned so far as a mother and all the things that I continue to learn each day on this journey and also from the examples of mothers I see in my own life. I am so blessed and I cannot wait for the opportunity to raise more children and continue to be a nurturer, home-maker and the best mother I can be. 






No comments: